Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial surgery that’s ordinarily done to further improve a person’s physical appearance or to reconstruct their nasal area for health related purposes. A rhinoplasty surgery involves adjusting the cartilages and bones of the nostril , or sometimes tissue is added in order to maximize the cosmetic appeal. The surgery is also commonly executed to fix nasal fractures as well. If rhinoplasty is performed to repair someone’s nasal fracture, the surgeon tries to recondition the nostril to its pre-injury condition. A related procedure often known as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that in addition have a nasal obstruction. Septorhinoplasty works to greatly enhance the look of the nasal area , but also stabilizes the overall structure and reduces any internal obstacles that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing.
Any aesthetic worries and expectations you have needs to be completely discussed before rhinoplasty surgery treatment . The recommendations of your plastic surgeon along with any special limitations concerning the structure of your nose , skin , or face in general are essential to have thoroughly stated you. Make-up free snap shots are typically taken prior to operation to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning stage in order to document the results .
Make inquiries and express your concerns.
Finding a professional , qualified doctor to perform your rhinoplasty surgery should be your main priority when thinking of getting any type of cosmetic operation . ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) has recommended that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results :
• Consult at least 3 different surgeons before choosing one
• Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
• Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
• Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
• Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
• Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience . How many has he done ?
• Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance ? If not , get up and leave
• Ask about the follow-up procedures
• Request to contact former patients about their own experience
• How much does the procedure cost ? What about insurance ?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty results could possibly be minor or major , based on the type of modification you want done, but they are however permanent. It’s very important that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page relating to the goals of your process. If you have realistic expectations and your plastic surgeon like Ernesto J Ruas MD FACS, the outcome will likely be very positive overall.