The Latest Questions To Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
Breast augmentation can be a refreshing change. Yet, a great amount of research must go into planning for breast augmentation today. The following questions that can be posed to prospective plastic surgeons about breast augmentation may be ones you are familiar with. Yet, there are several new questions to ask plastic surgeons about breast augmentation. After all, breast augmentation has evolved much like every other medical procedure.
1. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s education, training, board certification and societies that the plastic surgeon participates in such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
2. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s hospital staff privileges. Breast augmentation may be performed in an office based facility, but it important to know if your plastic surgeon has privileges to perform breast augmentation in a hospital.
3. Inquire about the numbers of procedures that the plastic surgeon has performed using the technique that is being recommended for your breast augmentation procedure.
4. Inquire about advanced instruments that when plastic surgeon may be using for your breast augmentation procedure that may offer less trauma to the breast.
5. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s irrigation techniques for breast augmentation to improve healing.
6. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s use of pain medication during the procedure to reduce the need for post operative medication.
7. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s use of drains following the breast augmentation procedure.
8. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s use of medications or technology that can be used to reduce the risk of nausea and vomiting.
9. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s methods for reducing inflammation, swelling and pain following breast augmentation. ( Breast Augmentation Recovery )
10. Inquire about the plastic surgeon’s recommendations for massage following breast augmentation.
In truth, you may find that there is variation in breast augmentation techniques among plastic surgeons. The reasons behind each plastic surgeon’s technique can vary as well. At the same time, inquiring about the details involved in your breast augmentation procedure can help you to select the right plastic surgeon and provide for an enhanced recovery from surgery.
Back to List of Articles