The Cost of A Nose Job
Costs for rhinoplasty surgery can vary in a great range from approximately $5,500.00 up to $13,000.00. The factors that affect costs are many, including:
- Geographic location
- Complexity of the procedure
- Amount of existing cartilage
- Anatomy of bone structure
- Surgeon’s expertise
- The facility choice such as a hospital or office based facility
- The overhead expenses of the office
- Staff members participation in care
- Type of anesthesia which may be general anesthesia, regional or local anesthesia and sedation
A Primary Key to Understanding the Impact of Training and Cost
It is understandable that costs and the price of rhinoplasty may vary and the basis for a decision on the price to pay should begin with an investigation of the plastic surgeon\’s background. Often, in the case of rhinoplasty, the surgeon may have more than one type of board certification. In addition, the years of education that plastic surgeons undergo for rhinoplasty training vary. Plastic surgeons will usually undergo one or more years of participation in residency programs that may focus on general surgery, plastic surgery or otolaryngology. They may participate in more than one residency program in order to feel that they obtain adequate training to perform rhinoplasty. Plastic surgeons may participate in additional training through continuing education courses provided by organizations.
Choosing to have rhinoplasty is an important decision. Selecting the right plastic surgeon for a nose job is just as important regardless of cost or price. Make an informed decision.