The Nose Evaluation
Plastic surgeons offer consultations to determine treatment plans for people interested in nose surgery Since the nose is often a first impression in appearance, plastic surgeons take strides to conduct a thorough examination of the nose. The evaluation includes:
- The size and shape of facial features in relation to the nose is examined. Nose surgery may slightly change the appearance of other facial features such as the cheeks and chin.
- The frontal view of the nose is evaluated to determine how straight the nose is, nose width, nostril size, nose tip size, and a humped appearance.
- Skin quality to determine thickness is considered in consultations. Nose surgery is performed with the use of incisions that may be located inside the nostrils or inconspicuous locations on the nose. Skin quality is a factor in scarring following nose surgery.
- The sides of the nose are evaluated for nose surgery. Nose surgery may change nose size, nose tip size, nostril size, remove a hump or ski-slope appearance. Evaluating the sides of the nose helps to determine the approach to nose surgery.
- The feel of the nose will also be examined. Feeling the nose helps plastic surgeons to determine the extent of cartilage and underlying tissue.
- Functional aspects of the nose will be evaluated in nose surgery consultations. Nose surgery may improve breathing difficulty and the aesthetic appeal of the nose.
Plastic surgeons spend a good deal of time evaluating every aspect of the nose for nose surgery. Because the nose involves a small area, every aspect of the nose is important. In the final analysis, people interested in nose surgery are often enlightened after a consultation for nose surgery. Of course, the beauty associated with nose surgery is a naturally enhancing appearance that will compliment other aspects of the face.
Back to List of Articles