FAQ’s About Revision Nose Surgery
Revision nose surgery is not often like the initial nose surgery. First, there may be more complexity associated with revision nose surgery. Secondly, scar tissue may have formed, adding more intricacy to the procedure. Third, revision surgery may be the second or third revision, adding greater delicacy to the procedure. Fourth, there may be a need for the use of cartilage grafts to support the nose. Fifth, the costs associated with revision nose surgery may be higher than the initial nose surgery. Lastly, only a select number of plastic surgeons have extensive expertise performing revision nose surgery. For these reasons, it is important to ask the plastic surgeon you are interested in about his or her level of expertise in revision nose surgery.
- Inquire about the number of times that the plastic surgeon performs revision nose surgery each year.
- Inquire about the number of complications that are reported to the plastic surgeon annually.
- Inquire about the number of times that the surgeon’s patients required revision surgery a second time.
- Inquire about the types of revisions that the plastic surgeon has performed.
- Inquire about the number of times that your type of revision nose surgery has been performed by the plastic surgeon.
- Inquire about before and after photos of the plastic surgeon’s patients who underwent initial and revision nose surgeries.
- Inquire about speaking with a patient that underwent revision nose surgery.
- Inquire about the possible need for donor material and grafting.
In summation, revision nose surgery is designed to improve both functional and aesthetic aspects of the nose. The requirement of revision nose surgery is unique for everyone. For example, people heal differently. This factor can impact the final appearance in nose surgery. Surely, revision nose surgery is a cautious consideration. Plastic surgeons with experience in revision nose surgery do not mind answering questions from patients about revision surgery. They understand the variables involved with making a positive change for those in need.