Dr. D would like to celebrate summer, along with two big recent accomplishments.
Our Operating Room is now officially certified by the Institute for Medical Quality, based in California. We received a three year approval, the longest available. Now you can have safe\affordable surgery without going to the hospital.
Dr. D has also been re-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This is his second
re-certification, and we believe he is the first and only Hawaii plastic surgeon to achieve this accomplishment. Many older plastic surgeons, those certified prior to 1995, are not required to complete this rigorous ten-year process. Therefore, they are not forced to keep up with the latest techniques and may be practicing the same way they did over 20 years ago!
To celebrate these announcements we would like to offer you 10% off any office cosmetic procedures, with up to $1000 in savings. We are also offering 10-20% off all non-surgical treatments including Botox, Injectable fillers, and skin care products/treatments.
Call now because these special prices expires after Labor Day.
Reminder: Dr. D can now also see you at our Queens-West office.
Call our office for more details @ 808-678-1955
Or visit our website:
Rhinoplasty is one of the most commonly performed forms of plastic surgery in the world. As with most other plastic surgeries though there is no real ‘fixed’ cost to the procedure. You could pay a wildly different price depending on where you are located in the country. In this blog post we are going to take a little look at a few of the factors which could influence the cost of the Rhinoplasty.
• Perhaps the biggest contributor to the cost of Rhinoplasty is the amount of experience that the doctor has. The more experience your selected doctor has, the more they are likely to charge for the procedure. Now; this should not mean that you should go out there and grab a cheap practitioner. You should pay extra for the experience. Not only will the procedure be a tad safer, but the experience means that you may be a lot more likely to achieve your desired results.
• Many of the top rated plastic surgeons out there will have their own surgery. However new surgeons on the block may need to use the operating facilities of a nearby hospital. If this is the case then you need to be aware that the cost will go up. After all; not only will the doctor need to be paid but the hospital will need to be paid too. That being said; the higher cost may be worth it. Hospitals are incredibly safe places to have procedures carried out, and it is likely that the comfort being in a hospital will be significantly higher.
• Geographic location will also be a factor. If you are located in a large city then you should expect to pay more for your Rhinoplasty than any other place. The most expensive places in the United States to have a Rhinoplasty carried out will be in either New York or LA, both for rather obvious reasons.
• The type of anesthesia that is used during the procedure will also be a factor. You will need to be ‘put to sleep’ for the procedure. You will either be given general anesthesia or IV sedation. In some cases the doctor may need to hire a specialist to administer the anesthesia (if they do not have one on their staff already), and the cost of that will be rather high. Sadly this is a cost which is going to be very difficult to control.
• The extent of the reshaping will also be a huge factor in the Rhinoplasty cost. After all; some people may require a lot of work which will involve hours upon hours under the knife, others may be done in a far quicker amount of time. The only way in which you can control this particular cost is if you opt for something a little less extravagant.
• Some people may require greater after-care than other people. You will tend to need a lot more in the way of after-care if you undergo a larger procedure. For more information visit http://www.rodeodriveplasticsurgery.com/
For more information about having liposuctiion contact Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon Reza Nabavian MD at 310-829-5550
While some women can regain their pre-pregnancy figure after child birth, some cannot and may desire a professional makeover. Known as a “Mommy Makeover”, this post-pregnancy surgical procedure entails a number of plastic surgery options. These options include targeted restructuring of areas of the body which, due to expansion during pregnancy and general weight gain, lost both the skin’s elasticity as well as muscle tone and have left women with fatty deposits unresponsive to diet.
While exercise and diet may help to decrease some of the after effects of pregnancy, not all bodily changes respond to these conventional efforts making the option of a mommy makeover a desirable choice for many women today.
During and after pregnancy, breast tissue may expand and contract due to general weight gain as well as breast feeding. While weight loss may be achieved, often the breasts can lose their pre-pregnancy firmness and shape causing them to look disproportionate to the mid-abdominal region. A mommy makeover using breast augmentation procedures can help to alleviate this disparity giving the breasts a more uniform look by either employing a breast lift, implants or a combination of both.
The abdomen, often the most troublesome to regain after child birth, can be reformed in a mommy makeover using abdominal restructuring. An abdominoplasty or “Tummy Tuck”, is often suggested when the post-pregnancy abdomen has lost skin elasticity and muscle definition. For some women, the abdominal expansion can cause separation of the stomach muscles which makes rebuilding of this area using conventional methods a challenge. With this procedure, the separated muscle layers are tightened and any excess skin is removed bringing a flatter and more toned appearance to the entire midsection.
Liposuction may be recommended for areas where excess fat deposits fail to respond to general diet and exercise methods. These areas such as the thighs, buttocks and hips, can be refined, toned and tightened by simple liposuction techniques.
The buttocks can be particularly problematic after pregnancy. Fatty deposits which cause a less than uniform appearance to the hips and back areas can be removed and the areas sculpted using liposuction and removal of any excess skin.
Women who were overweight prior to their pregnancies who have suffered with the added weight issues after delivery and women who have gained weight disproportionate to their natural frame may be ideal candidates and therefore benefit from a mommy makeover.
For more information about a mommy makeover contact Peter Capizzi MD located in Charlotte NC
Considering liposuction? Are you a candidate?
In the battle of the bulge, many people are interested in exploring the option of liposuction as a way to get rid of unwanted fat. Liposuction is not a quick fix substitute for exercise or eating a healthy diet. Although the concept of suctioning excess fat may seem simple, liposuction is actually a complex medical procedure. The main challenge is to remove the right amount of fat without upsetting surrounding blood vessels and tissue. Also the surgeon must make sure to maintain the patient’s fluid balance.
Different Liposuction Procedures
In order to suction fat, the tissue must be broken up before it is suctioned through a straw-like tool called a cannula. Liposuction procedures differ in the way they accomplish this. Here are some examples:
1. Suction Assisted Liposuction
In Suction Assisted Liposuction, the physician manually breaks up the fat tissue by moving the cannula back and forth prior to removing it with a vacuum apparatus.
2. Power Assisted Liposuction
Power Assisted Liposuction uses a motor which enables the surgeon to break up the fat mechanically as opposed to moving the cannula back and forth.
3. Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction
With Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction, sound waves are used to emulsify the fat
4. Thermal Lipolysis
Thermal Lipolysis applies laser energy to break up the fat tissue. Although laser is a form of light, it converts into heat energy within the body.
5. Water Assisted Liposuction
Water Assisted liposuction applies a fan shaped water beam to loosen the fat tissue
For more information about liposuction contact Michael Zarrabi MD, a board certified plastic surgeon in Santa Monica Ca.